This notice lets you know how we will look after the personal information you provide us with. It applies to all the Personal Data no matter how it is collected or stored.
We are committed to your privacy and have systems and processes in place to keep your information secure.
In applying for or signing up for a PPMA BEST event or funding you are giving us a lawful basis on which to process your data. We will do so in accordance with the applicable laws and Regulations.
Processing Personal Data
Most of the information you provide us with will be required in order to participate in our events to benefit from funding. However, some of the data we ask for is provided by you voluntarily. We will make it clear where you need not provide the information.
What data will we collect?
This depends to some extent on your age:
- We will not collect any data if you are under 13 years old
- If you are between 13 and 16 years old we may collect the following:
Your date of birth
Your school name and address
Parental consent if required
This data will be used to ensure you receive your certificate and to link you with your project. It will also enable us to provide information to third parties who track the provision of training and education to help improve the services provided.
Your data will be deleted from our system at the end of the academic year following your participation in a PPMA BEST programme.
- If you are over 16 year of age we will typically collect:
Date of birth
Mobile telephone number (only if you are over 18)
In addition, if you are applying for a Bursary or Apprenticeship Grant we may ask for additional relevant information.
This data will be used to ensure you receive your certificate, to link you to your project, to ensure you receive your funding and to keep you in touch with opportunities from which you might benefit.
We will give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving information from us. The information will be retained for the period of your participation and a suitable period thereafter depending upon the nature of the programme.
Our agreement/contract with supporting companies or schools and other bodies, provides us with a legal basis for processing. We will collect data to enable us to provide the service.
The General Data Protection Regulations set out some basic principles of data processing which we adhere to.
These are that: Personal Data will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected only for a specified, explicit and legitimate purpose
- Limited to what is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed
- Accurate and up to date (where required)
- Not kept in a form which enables you to be identified nor for longer that is necessary
- Processed securely and kept confidential
- Not be transferred without your permission and appropriate safeguards
- Made available to you to check, correct or request deletion
Why do we collect your data?
- To provide you with information about the programmes you are taking part in
- To provide you with information about the PPMA BEST programmes you may find interesting
- To maintain and develop our relationship with you as a training provider
- To seek you views on the services provided to you
- To follow up on your career development if you have been a student on one of our programmes.
What happens to your data?
- Your data will not be shared with others except where required by law or as necessary to enable those third parties who assist us to deliver the events or programmes.
- We may ask you if we can include data you provide for photos or video footage
- Your data is held by PPMA BEST in the UK, it will not be sold or transferred
- Your information will be kept secure and only shared with those who ‘need to know’
- Cookies may be used on our registration forms
Please contact Danny Reed if you have any questions about the operation of this policy or you believe the information held about you is wrong or inaccurate.
PPMA Data Control Office address: -
New Progress House
34 Stafford Road
This notice was updated in May 2018