PPMA BEST (Business Education, Skills and Training) is a charity established in 2014 to encourage young people to enter and develop a career in engineering within the processing, packaging, robotics, automation and industrial vision supply industries through education, training and support.
The PPMA BEST Trust aims to encourage young people to enter and develop within the processing, packaging, automation and vision engineering industries through education and training.
PPMA BEST was set up by the PPMA Group of Associations. It is currently funded by PPMA for the benefit of the industry and member companies. The aim is to address the on-going skills shortage and tackling short and longer term recruitment needs.
PPMA BEST is an independent charitable trust with its own Board of Trustees. The initial strategy is to work with national experts already delivering a range of initiatives, in the fields to assist us to deliver tailored programmes and services.
PPMA BEST Brochure (pdf)
Programmes to Kick Start your Company Training
• FINANCIAL GRANT –APPRENTICESHIP GRANT
• FINANCIAL GRANT – APPRENTICESHIP PROGRESSION GRANT
• MATCH FUNDED BURSARY – ENGINEERING UNDERGRADUATE BURSARIES
• MATCH FUNDED BURSARY – UNDERGRADUATE RECRUITMENT BURSARY
• SCHOOL EVENTS – SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING & MATHS (STEM) DAYS FOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
PPMA BEST 2017 & 2018 Highlights